Expert fact finding, investigations, and advice in the complexities of blockchain technologies.
The use of blockchain technology is moving quickly into the mainstream of commercial and consumer business, and the inherent anonymity of transacting on the blockchain poses a new spectrum of challenges.
At Nardello & Co., we help our clients deal with the technical complexities, as well as the regulatory and reputational risk, of engaging with assets that trade on the blockchain. Our team’s extensive, practical experience on both sides of the regulatory equation provides clients with the facts needed to make informed judgements about working with blockchain transactions, including cryptocurrencies and other cryptoassets.
We focus on key issues such as:
- Identity and reputation of key stakeholders and exchanges in cryptocurrency-related payments
- Potential exposure to international financial crime risk, such as proceeds of crime and trade sanctions
- Regulatory enforcement, litigation, and disputes involving the use of digital assets
Managing the realities of crypto risk is not just a technology exercise: it requires a multidisciplinary approach between technology, investigative analysis, and regulatory experience.
We excel when clients are challenged to understand the facts in the most complex cases and jurisdictions. We draw on our diverse backgrounds as former federal cybercrime and financial crime investigators, federal prosecutors, in-house counsel, intelligence operatives, research analysts, journalists, compliance professionals, and forensic accountants to provide a comprehensive picture of cryptocurrency-related risk.
We are highly focused on fast-moving technological and law enforcement trends to ensure that our work is focused on the areas of greatest potential exposure to our clients.
We offer a broad range of capabilities focused on the practical realities of managing cryptocurrency-related risks, from pre-transaction diligence to in-depth global investigations, litigation support, and regulatory compliance. Our services include:
- Pre-transactional due diligence on cryptocurrency exchanges and their related companies
- Multidisciplinary investigations into cryptocurrency-driven fraud and theft scenarios such as ransomware, wallet hacks, and cyber scams
- Know Your Transaction (KYT) investigations focused on assessing counterparty risk (money laundering and terrorist financing, trade sanctions, official corruption) in blockchain currency and asset transactions
- Asset tracing in disputes and litigation involving cryptocurrency and other blockchainassets such as NFTs
- White collar and regulatory defense related to cryptocurrency-related business activities
- Regulatory compliance services to enhance financial crime and risk management controls for businesses engaging in cryptocurrency transactions