Alyssa Misner is an Associate Managing Director based in New York. Her experience, spanning over 12 years, in corporate civil and criminal inquiries is multi-faceted, grounded in her work in the boutique investigations, Wall Street financial crimes, and Big Four consulting spaces.
A Latin American specialist, Alyssa manages and conducts complex fraud and due diligence investigations throughout the Americas and Europe. She routinely handles asset searches, litigation support matters, insider trading probes, and background due diligence, as well as FCPA and other reputational inquiries. She also has meaningful compliance experience.
- Alyssa led the Spain-based portion of a global, multi-year Ponzi scheme investigation, including identifying and conducting bilingual interviews of fraud enablers and victims alongside counsel in Madrid.
- Alyssa identified and interviewed dozens of survivors of illegal gun violence in New York City to obtain witness impact statements for US Congressional testimony for a coalition of mayors of US cities.
- Alyssa conducted on-site interviews and site inspections at the US-Mexico border in conjunction with background research in a suspected immigration fraud matter with a narcotrafficking nexus.
- Alyssa managed intelligence for a major Latin American conglomerate’s transnational internal investigation, spearheading the development of a proprietary technical tool to coordinate public records research, forensic audit findings and computer forensic reviews.
- Alyssa co-leads the investigative team for the multi-year US antitrust monitorship of the Bayer-Monsanto merger, conducting compliance audits domestically and overseas.
Just the Facts
- MA, Latin American Studies & Journalism, New York University
- BA, International Studies & Spanish, American University
- International Anti-Corruption Academy (Summer Institute)
- Certified Anti-Money Laundering Specialist (CAMS)
- Certified Spanish-English Translator