Amie Chang is a Managing Director at Nardello & Co. and the Head of the firm’s Los Angeles office, where she leads complex, multi-jurisdictional due diligence, strategic intelligence, fraud, asset tracing, and litigation support investigations.
Before returning to the US, Amie lived and worked in Asia for over a decade in her capacity as a diplomat for the US Department of State and as a senior investigator with an international consulting firm.
- On behalf of a media company on the cusp of starting a major project, Amie led an investigation into historical allegations that, if true, would have had an adverse impact on the project and potentially threaten the reputation and image of the company and those associated with the project. Starting with intensive research in historic public records and media, the inquiry culminated in a series of interviews of individuals whom research indicated might have had contemporaneous knowledge of the allegations. The investigation corroborated the allegations, which allowed the client to make an informed decision regarding the future of the project.
- On behalf of a high-profile individual who was the victim of an online harassment campaign led by a former associate, Amie directed investigators who identified inconsistencies in the subject’s background and uncovered a pattern of abusive behavior by the subject. Counsel used these findings in their legal strategy against the former associate while the client’s public relations team used the information uncovered by Nardello & Co. to engage with media outlets and counter the adverse public narrative about the client.
Just the Facts
- BA, Political Science and International Relations, Boston College
- Chambers and Partners 2022 Crisis & Risk Management Guide: Band 1
- Chambers and Partners 2022 Litigation Support Guide: Spotlight Table (Asia-Pacific)
- Korean (conversant)
- Mandarin (conversant)
- Portuguese (conversant)