Ben Rowse is a partner of Nardello & Co. and is its Asia-Pacific Regional Head. Currently based in Tokyo, Ben has lived and worked in Asia for more than two decades, both as a foreign correspondent and as a senior investigator with international consultancies.
Ben specializes in helping clients identify and understand the business, political, and cultural risks they may face when doing business in Asia. He has particular expertise in political risk and complex intelligence-led investigations that involve corruption, breaches of trade sanctions, and organized crime.
- Ben has conducted hundreds of pre-transactional due diligence investigations throughout the Asia-Pacific region, covertly gat
- Ben managed extremely sensitive investigations in China into suspected breaches of US sanctions involving North Korean front companies.
- Ben led scores of whistleblower-driven internal fraud and Foreign Corrupt Practices Act investigations in South Asia and elsewhere in the region that entailed intelligence-gathering, witness interviews, digital forensics, and forensic accounting.
- Ben authored country, political, and sectoral risk analyses and ran targeted intelligence-gathering assignments throughout the region for corporate clients seeking competitive advantages.
- Ben helped foreign investors in Japan identify their exposure to organized crime groups in their supply chains and facilitated the subsequent decoupling of those relationships.
- Ben ran complex global asset-tracing investigations—both pre- and post-litigation and arbitration proceedings—to help clients formulate legal strategies.
- Ben advised clients on extracting employees, implementing business continuity plans, and winding up operations during situations of political instability, conflict, extortion, kidnapping, and threats from external actors.
Just the Facts
- BA, Politics, University of Exeter
- Chambers & Partners 2020 Litigation Support Guide: Spotlight Table