Based in the firm’s New York office, Howard Master is a Managing Director and Counsel to the CEO. Howard supports the firm’s global practices, including its work supporting white collar criminal defense, civil litigation and arbitration; its anti-corruption and fraud investigations; and its monitorship and compliance efforts. Howard also advises the firm on major strategic initiatives.
Howard joins Nardello & Co. after an acclaimed career as a leader, investigator, and trial lawyer in federal, state, and local prosecutors’ offices. In these roles, Howard led and achieved exceptional results in groundbreaking investigations of official corruption, fraud, money laundering, securities violations, and other complex white collar offenses; workplace sexual harassment; and prosecutorial and police misconduct.
- While at the SDNY, Howard uncovered and prosecuted a $500 million fraud, kickback, and money laundering scheme involving New York City’s CityTime IT project. He held accountable the corporate and individual wrongdoers responsible for the crimes, secured and supervised a corporate monitor, and recovered record restitution for the City.
- While at the SDNY, Howard investigated and prosecuted Sheldon Silver, the Speaker of the New York State Assembly, after uncovering his involvement in two different bribery schemes.
- While at the New York Office of the Attorney General, Howard investigated and led a groundbreaking enforcement action against Harvey Weinstein and The Weinstein Company for persistent and pervasive workplace misconduct.
- While at the Suffolk County District Attorney’s Office, Howard led the investigation that led to the exoneration of Keith Bush, a man who spent 33 years in prison for a murder he did not commit.
Just the Facts
- JD, magna cum laude, New York University School of Law
- BA, Ethics, Politics & Economics, Yale University
- US Department of Justice, Director’s Award for Superior Performance
- Federal Law Enforcement Foundation, Prosecutor of the Year
- US Organized Crime Drug Enforcement Task Forces, Investigation of the Year
- Order of the Coif
- “Legislative Corruption,” The Anti-Corruption Manual: A Guide for State Prosecutors (2021)