Liam Hanlon is an Associate Managing Director based in New York. With experience managing complex investigations on behalf of law firms, financial institutions, and multinational corporations, Liam lends his expertise to matters involving white collar criminal litigation support, reputational due diligence, asset tracing, fraud investigations, and corporate control contests.
With a strong grasp on the dynamic spectrum of open source research techniques, Liam plays an integral role in some of the firm’s most multifaceted US investigations. He has developed innovative social media techniques in support of trial and witness preparation and has experience navigating the new and decentralized social media landscape.
- Liam managed a multi-year, multi-jurisdiction litigation support case assisting pharmaceutical companies in their defense against allegations about the impact of their drugs. He developed an innovative social media strategy to identify witnesses around the country and oversaw the vetting and interviews of each witness.
- Liam worked on a year-long white collar criminal defense matter involving federal insider trading allegations. He developed vital impeachment material, conducted interviews throughout Greater New York City, analyzed public policy reports and Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) requests, and served subpoenas to uncooperative witnesses.
- Liam managed a litigation support matter involving a high-profile patent dispute between two media technology companies. The investigation spanned the US and a Middle Eastern country and required interviews in both jurisdictions to identify inconsistencies in the opposing counsel’s technology claims. The investigation also proved critical in helping the client demonstrate that there were conflicts of interest related the external funding source of the opposing counsel.
- Liam managed a deep-dive background investigation into a high-profile, prospective majority owner of a professional sports franchise. The investigation involved a sprawling review of the subject’s background, interviews with litigation adversaries, and a culminating interview with the subject. Adverse information was surfaced of which the league’s corporate office was unaware.
Just the Facts
- MSc, Theory and History of International Relations, London School of Economics & Political Science
- BA, Political Science and Public Policy, University of California, Los Angeles