Based in New York, Michael Ramos is a Senior Managing Director and the firm’s Chief Risk and Compliance Officer. A member of the firm’s Litigation Support Practice, Michael’s legal and investigative career has spanned 30 years. At Nardello & Co., he has managed large litigation support investigations across multiple jurisdictions involving internal fraud, defense against RICO actions, libel cases, and criminal defense matters.
- For a financial institution, Michael led an investigation of the underwriting practices of a major mortgage lender. Michael and his teams identified and contacted hundreds of former employees located across the US. Information obtained from the employees—in some instances provided in the form of affidavits—confirmed the lender’s poor practices. Moreover, Michael developed one witness, an analyst who reported directly to executive management, who told Michael how he warned the lender’s executives about problematic loan portfolios and identified reports he provided those executives concerning problem loans. The reports had not been produced during discovery. With this information in hand, counsel reached a favorable settlement in the matter.
- For a bank hoping to identify assets of an individual who defaulted on more than $500 million in loans, Michael’s team searched in France, the Netherlands, the UK, the Caribbean, and the US, and identified numerous businesses and substantial assets, including millions of dollars in artwork.
- In support of an internal investigation involving an internationally known hospitality company, Michael and his team performed forensic audits, document review, employee interviews, and the forensic examination of computers at multiple locations across the US. The investigation confirmed that the accounting fraud was not as extensive as had been suspected.
Just the Facts
- JD, Brooklyn Law School
- BA, History & Political Science, Rutgers University
- American Bar Association
- New York State Bar Association
- New York City Bar Association