Michael James is a Senior Counsel based in the New York office where he is responsible for conducting compliance reviews to evaluate effectiveness of corporate compliance programs, identify gaps, strengthen processes, and resolve issues with clear practical solutions.
- Michael managed a small, efficient team in completing biannual trust compliance audits of two multinational companies on behalf of a court-appointed monitoring trustee.
- Michael investigated and identified compliance gaps that led to sales and servicing of technology equipment to multiple sanctioned parties in Asia, led remediation, and negotiated favorable resolution after voluntary disclosure.
- Michael investigated supply chain and identified Middle Eastern distributor who was diverting flagship product to a sanctioned country, leading to termination of the long-term relationship.
- Michael investigated and identified compliance gaps in a newly acquired business that led to diversion of equipment to a sanctioned country.
Just the Facts
- JD/MBA, University of Chicago Law School & Booth School of Business
- BA, English & Computer Science, Columbia University