Sabina Menschel is Partner, President, and Chief Operating Officer of Nardello & Co., and is based in Washington, DC. A graduate of Harvard College and Harvard Business School, Sabina has more than 20 years of experience leading domestic and international due diligence, litigation support, fraud, and global asset recovery investigations on behalf of financial institutions, law firms, and multinational corporations. In addition to leading complex investigations for clients, she works with the firm’s executive committee to manage the firm’s operations globally.
- Sabina helped lead Nardello & Co.’s assignment as the independent investigator pursuing a settlement between the State of New York and leading tobacco manufacturers. The mandate was to assess and review information provided by the interested parties and carry out an independent review to determine the number of Native American tribal cigarette packs sold to New York consumers on which the state did not collect excise tax. The assessment and investigation included open-source research, surveillance, and source inquiries as well as an econometric analysis, and considered evidence provided by the tobacco manufacturers and New York State. Nardello & Co.’s findings determined the credit to which each tobacco company was entitled toward their payments to the State of New York under the 1998 Tobacco Master Settlement Agreement.
- Sabina led investigations into proxy slates submitted by dissident shareholders. This work included: exposing integrity issues; identifying undisclosed liabilities such as regulatory issues and significant litigation matters; documenting misrepresentations, misstatements, or material omissions in securities filings; uncovering conflicts of interest; and identifying undisclosed relationships and affiliations to establish that adverse parties were acting in concert.
- Sabina led the $1 billion asset recovery investigation of a family-controlled company for a US multinational in an assignment that identified numerous businesses and substantial assets and spanned Europe, the Middle East, Asia, and the US.
Just the Facts
- MBA, Harvard Business School
- AB, Harvard College
- 2018 Women in Investigations, Global Investigations Review
- Charina Endowment Fund, director
- Goddard Riverside Community Center, board member
- Only Make Believe, DC regional board member